1929 - The Junior Service League of Youngstown was organized Dec. 3 by the following: Mrs. Robert Bentley, Jr...Mrs. Lloyd Booth...Mrs. Charles Bray ((Katherine Owsley)...Mrs. John Ford...Mrs. Robert Marsteller (Mary Pollock)...Mrs. Walter Schaff...Mrs. A. Armstrong ((Mrs. Bentley Thomas)...Mrs. George Wick...Mrs. Newell Castle Bolton (Mrs. Myron C. Wick, Jr.)...Mrs. Wallace Thornton (Florence Harrington).
1930-31 - The Youngstown Junior Service League Shop and Workroom for the Blind and Disabled was opened on Rayen Avenue.
1931-32 - We were accepted into membership by the AJLI on March 11,
1932..."Snow White" was presented...First League sponsored exhibit of etchings held at Butler Art Gallery...There were 53 Active members.
1932-33 - The Children's Theatre Committee was begun and the News Sheet made its appearance...There were 63 Active members. On May 12, 1933 became incorporated in Mahoning County.
1933-34 - The Shop on Phelps Street closed due to economic conditions.
1934-35 - Scribblers was organized. The League had club rooms at Hotel Ohio.
1935-36 - Children's Theatre Committee presented two plays that were seen by 7,000 children.
1936-37 - The League acquired a Workshop that was the joint property of Children's Theatre Committee and the Smock Set (Art Class).
1937-38 - The League was first heard over WKBN.
1938-39 - The Children's Theatre Committee prepared for radio work...possible projects studied.
1939-40 - Dental Clinic at Youngstown Hospital became our welfare project...weekly broadcasts of children's plays presented over WKBN. 1940-41 - Important constitutional changes were made.
1941-42 - In cooperation with other women's groups, organized a volunteer bureau which developed into Civilian Defense Volunteer Office...Welfare Advisory Committee organized...purchased U.S. Defense Bonds to mature 10 years to value $2,800.00.
1942-43 - League members registered at CDVO for volunteer service in war agencies.
1943-44 - Dental clinic turned over to Youngstown Hospital...children's broadcasts presented in cooperation with Public Library and Youngstown Symphony.