Join the Junior League of Youngstown
... and Make a Difference!
Junior League women make things happen -- they form strategic partnerships, create innovative programs and raise funds for exciting community initiatives. So what sets Junior League volunteers apart from the rest? They are not only women who want to improve communites, they are women with the training and skills to make it happen!
Since Mary Harriman convened the very first Junior League in 1901, the Junior League's emphasis has always been on learning. Members benefit from extensive training in leadership and organizational development, community needs assessment, strategic planning, communications, advocacy and fundraising. Through this unique training, League members learn to manage and train volunteers, unite communiteis and form partnerships. AJLI organizes regular conferences and meetings to creat opportunities for networking, collaboration and shared learning among Leagues.
Why Join the Junior League?
The Junior League of Youngstown reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to voluntarism and to the community. A volunteer with The Junior League of Youngstown has an opportunity to develop herself and build friendships through the League's structured and supportive environment while, most importantly, making a positive impact on the community.
Benefits of Membership
- Training for effective community leadership and personal development
- Insight into community needs and strategies to dealing with them
- Exposure to the administration of nonprofit agencies
- Opportunities for utilizing your skills and for developing new ones
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community through well organized projects
- Access to new friends and new ideas
- Membership meetings with educational speakers (community leaders, motivational speakers and others)
- Participation in exciting fundraisers and special events
- Ability to transfer to other Leagues if you move
The Junior League of Youngstown reaches out to women of all races, religions and origins who demonstrate an interest in a commitment to voluntarism.
The Junior League of Youngstown's Provisional class enjoys many activities together.
All Provisionals must meet the following requirements prior to becoming an Active member:
- Attend 6 of 8 Provisional membership meetings and training sessions
- Attend 5 of 8 General Membership Meetings (GMM)
- Participate in serving a meal at St. John's Soup Kitchen
- One "Done In A Day"
- Participation in Provisional class project
- Contribute membership dues
- Participate in all Junior League of Youngstown's fundraisers
Upon successful completion of the Provisional course, the Provisional committee will recommend the Provisional course to the Board of Directors who will vote the Provisional class members in good standing into Active membership.
If you are interested in becoming a Junior League of Youngstown Provisional please fill out form
or call our office at 330.743.3200